Blogging Senate forecasts and results in the WA Senate re-election until officially declared.

Twitter: @AU_Truth_Seeker


Friday 30 August 2013

Purpose of this blog - share the knowledge

Hello world.

Hundreds of senate candidates have nominated for the Senate in the Australian 2013 Federal Election. Preferences revert the election in some states to a random tossup. I contend this is a failure of democracy. This blog will tell the story of how your above the line vote may be misused by the party you vote for and given to a party you would never countenance voting for.

I won't go into to much detail about the mechanics of how senate candidates are conducted - I will assume a moderate level of knowledge of how the Australian system elects senators.

Over the coming few days, I will publish data showing my predictions on the percentage of primary votes of each party and how this translates to how different senate candidates are elected.

Post-election, I will analyse the partially analysed Senate votes and continue the discussion.

I welcome discussion via comments. Be patient though - I have a day job. I work as a financial modeller in a time-consuming job.

I am not a member of any political party so intend to run this blog without bias, seeking the truth without having to worry about "policies" and "predictions". I intend on basing my analysis on the soundest of data driven assumptions without fear or favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment